How does an Automatic Electric Pressure Cooker Work?
For one to know about the mechanisms and functioning of an electric pressure cooker it is important to first know about the different components and uses of the appliance. The components of an electric pressure cooker can be basically divided into four - housing unit, inner pot, inner lid and the handle and all these four helps create the perfect cooking environment within the appliance be it terms of temperature or pressure.
1. Housing Unit
The housing unit is the base of the electric pressure cooker which consists of the heating unit, electricity plug, and control box on the outside and an exterior pot on the inside. The control box includes the control panels with all the buttons to operate an automatic electric pressure for cooking. The outside of the cooker also has carry handles attached to it.
- Geek Robocook, India’s one of the top selling electric pressure cookers is not just known for its smart programmable cooking but is also known for its elegant design.
- The control panel in Geek Robocook has LCD display and includes buttons for multiple preset menus, different modes, setting of time and temperature.
2. Inner Pot
The inner pot is detachable and is mostly stainless or non-stick that are sturdy and right enough for uniformed heating.
- Geek Robocook automatic electric pressure cooker is an All in 1 appliance that lets you use the same pot for all your cooking methods. (Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Egg Cooker, Steamer, Saute Pan. Porridge Pot, OTG, Insulation Warmer, Food Warmer and Sous vide)
- Geek Robocook electric pressure cookers come with SS and NS inner pots of 5L and 8L capacity.
3. Inner Lid
The underside of the lid has a gasket fit in the inner ring and an anti-block shield. Both the inner lid and the gasket are removable.
- Geek Robocook Silicone gaskets are checked for high temperature stability and for tight sealing of the cooker.
The cover handle or the lid handle consists of the pressure release valve and button.
- Geek Robocook has a multilayered safety mechanism controlled by advanced microchips in addition to the ‘lock and unlock’ mechanism guarding Pressure, Temperature, Exhaust and Fitment.
- Geek Robocook has both automatic pressure and manual release options
When the electric pressure cooker is turned on, the heating unit at the base starts to function and heat is supplied to the inner pot. With the rise in the temperature of the inner pot, pressure builds inside to make the food cooked. Once the food is cooked, the pressure releases through the valve in the lid and depending on the option that you choose from the control panel with the microprocessors keeping track of the heating cycle. the electric cooker either automatically switches to the Keep warm mode or the heat source shuts off for a while once the pressure is high, lets the pressure drop and once the pressure sensor is deactivated the heating starts again for the cooking cycle to continue.
Geek Robocook is designed with PiC technology for smart cooking and is a BIS certified product.
August 17, 2021