Gobindobhog Rice – 3 Cups (washed & drained)
Water – 5 cups
Ginger – 1 Inch (chopped)
Ghee – 5 Tbsp
Cashew nuts – 20
Raisins- 20 Nos
Turmeric powder – 1 Tsp
Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp
Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Salt – to taste
Cloves – 5
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Star Anise – 2
Bay leaf – 1
- Add Gobindobhog rice, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, ghee to a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add ghee to the inner cooking pot and allow it to melt. Add cashew nuts, raisins and roast till it turns golden brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Next add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, star anise and sauté for few secs. Add ginger and saute until raw smell goes.
- Now add in the Gobindobhog rice mixture, sugar, salt, water and give a good mix. Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 12 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Mix gently and garnish with roasted cashew nuts & Raisins.
- Yummy Basanti Pulav is ready to serve with kofta curry.