Raw Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
White Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Garlic – 7 cloves
Kala masala - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 3 tsp
Dry Coconut – 1 tbsp (shredded)
Coriander leaves - few
Dodaka / Ridge gourd – ½ cup
Salt - to taste
Water- as required
Curry leaves - few
- Cut off the end portions of ridge gourd and peel it. Cut it into 2” pieces and give it a slit at the centre. Keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press The Saute' Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add peanuts and roast until it turns golden brown. Further add in coconut, cumin seeds, white sesame seeds, curry leaves, garlic one by one and continue to roast for about 3-4 minutes.
- Press cancel to stop sauté. Transfer the mixture into a blender jar and add kala masala, red chili powder, salt, sugar, coriander leaves. Grind it into a powder using a blender.
- Transfer the masala to a dish. Add water and mix well.to give binding texture. Stuff this masala into slit ridge gourd pieces.
- Clean the inner pot. Press sauté option. Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Drop the stuffed pieces and cover cook evenly.
- Flip the pieces over and cook the other side for 3-4 mins. Once cooked, Switch to Keep Warm or Off mode.
- Hot and tasty Bharala Dodaki is ready to serve!