Boiled basmati rice (80% cooked) – 4 cups
For marination –
Chicken (boneless) – 500 gms
Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Tikka masala – 4 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Orange red food colour – a pinch
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
For biryani –
Cinnamon – 1
Cloves – 4-5
Bay leaf – 2
Green cardamom - 3
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Onion sliced – 2
Fried onion – ½ cup
Green chilli – 4-5
Yogurt – 1 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Biryani masala – 2 tbsp
Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Oil – 6 tbsp
Yellow food colour – a pinch
- Add salt, tikka masala, food colour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder and curd to a bowl. Mix well. Add boneless chicken pieces to the mixture and marinate for 30 min.
- For smoky flavour take a hot burn charcoal and place it in the foil paper. Now place the foil in the middle of the chicken bowl. Pour some ghee on charcoal and cover chicken bowl with lid for 7-8 min.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, green cardamom and saute for 1 min.
- Next add onion, green chilli and saute till onions turn light brown. Add the marinated chicken and saute for 5-7 min until they get golden grill marks.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, biryani masala, mint leaves, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt and curd. Mix well and cook for 5 min until the oil separates.
- Add boiled rice and spread equally. Then pour ghee and food colour to the rice. Also spread fried onions, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Manual’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking.
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 13 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Serve hot chicken tikka biryani with raita or salad.