Coconut – ½ shell (Shredded)
Coriander leaves– 1 Bunch (chopped)
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Basmati Rice – 500 Gms/ 2 ½ cups (washed & drained)
Water – 4 cups
Onion – 3 Nos (chopped)
Garlic –10 cloves (crushed)
Ginger – 1 inch (crushed)
Green Chilli-3 Nos (Slit)
Lemon juice – 1 lemon
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
Cashew nuts – 12 to 15 Nos (slit)
Cardamom– 2 Nos
Cinnamon – 2 inches
Star Anies – 3 Nos
Cloves – 4 Nos
Salt – to taste
- Add coriander leaves, green chillies, lemon juice to a blender and grind to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add ghee to the inner cooking pot and allow it to melt. Add cashew nuts and roast till it turns golden brown in colour and remove them.
- Now add cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, cloves and sauté for few secs. Add onions and sauté till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Next add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes. Add ground coriander paste, shredded coconut, salt and give a good mix.
- Add in basmati rice, water and give a good stir. Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 12 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Press sauté option. Add ghee and give a good mix. Allow it to cook for 2 mins. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Garnish with roasted cashew nuts.
- Yummy coconut coriander pulav is ready to serve with curry.