Paneer (cubed, deep fried to a light brown) – 2 cups
Green peas – 1 cup
Green chilies (slit a little) – 3
Onion chopped – 2 cups
Garlic cloves (ground with onions) peeled – 1 tsp
Ginger chopped – 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 8-10
Tomato grated – 1/2 cup
Dry red chili – 2
Oil – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Bay leaves – 2 small
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
Red chilly powder - tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tbsp
- Blend the onions, Cashew nuts, garlic and ginger to a paste.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Saute Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add cumin seeds, dry chilly, bay leaves and saute for 1 min. Then add onion paste and saute till it turns soft
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder, red chilly powder, coriander powde and saute well. Now add in peas, paneer, green chillis one by one and saute for 3 -5 minutes.
- Next add two cups of water and allow it to boil. Then add fresh cream and mix it well. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve creamy matar paneer with Rice or Rottis.