Chicken ( Boneless/with Bone) – 500grms
Gongura /Mesta - 1 big bundle
Onion - 1 Big (chopped in small pieces )
Tomato - 1 Big (chopped/ paste)
Coriander - 1 small bundle
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
Green Chillies - 3 no( sliced straightly)
Pudina / Mint Leaves - 1 small bowl
Chicken Masala / Garam masala Powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 piece
Cloves - 2
Cardamom (Elaichi) - 2
Sajeera - 1 tsp
Cashew Nuts - 1 small cup
Poppy Seeds (Gasagasalu) - 1 tsp
Dry Coconut Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Red chili powder - as per taste
Oil – As required
- Wash chicken Properly. In a bowl add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp Chilli powder, 2 tsp Salt and marinate the chicken. Keep it aside for 45 minutes.
- Add cashew nuts and poppy seeds to a mixer and grind them to a fine powder. Keep them aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch the ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in the front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it warm a bit. Now add Gongura leaves and saute till it turns into a smooth paste. Once it blends well keep it aside.
- Add oil, once heated add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, sajeera, and saute for 30 seconds. Then add green chilies, onions, and mix well. Later add ginger garlic paste, coriander, mint leaves and continue sauteing.
- Now add chopped tomato/tomato purée and saute well until the raw smell go. Next, add the marinated chicken and mix well. After 5 mins add 2-3 glasses of water and stir well. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in the ‘Close’ position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and the Pressure release button should be in ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Chicken’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Quick. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 10 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to saute mode and add Gongura Paste which we prepared earlier to the chicken and mix well. let it cook till the water gets evaporated.
- Now add Dry coconut Powder, chicken masala cashew & Poppy seeds Powder and stir well. After 2 minutes add chili powder as per your taste and cook for 2 minutes. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
Gongura Chicken curry is ready to serve