Chickpeas - 2 cups (drained and rinsed)
Extra-virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
Fresh parsley leaves - 2 tsp (roughly chopped)
Garlic - 2 cloves (peeled)
Salt – 1 ½ tsp
Ground cumin - 1/2 to 1 tsp
Black pepper - 12 to 15 grinds
Water - 1/4 cup
Paprika – as required
Extra virgin olive oil – as required
Fresh parsley leaves– as required
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Add water, soaked chickpeas and mix well.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Quick. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 10 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Remove the contents from the pot and keep aside.
- Clean the pot and press sauté. Add olive oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Then add garlic, ground cumin, black pepper, salt one by one and sauté well for few mins. Now add water and allow it to cook for few mins. Press cancel. Remove and set aside.
- Using a blender grind the above mixture. Blend on low speed until smooth. (You'll have to stop the blender often to push down the ingredients).
- If the mixture is too dry and you're having trouble blending it, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil.
- Scrape the hummus onto a plate. Sprinkle the paprika over the top, drizzle lightly with olive oil, scatter some parsley leaves on top. Cover the top with plastic wrap and leave it at room temperature.
- Hummus Dip is ready to serve with Flat Bread.