Tur Dal – 1 cup
Water – 2 ½ cups
Tomato – 1 (chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Red Chilles – 2
Asafoetida – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – few (chopped)
Coriander Leaves – few (chopped)
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add ghee to the inner cooking pot and allow it to melt. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add red chillies, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, asafoetida one by one and sauté for few mins.
- Next add tomato and sauté until it turns soft. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Now add salt, tamarind pulp, tur dal, water and mix well. Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Dal’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 40 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Give a quick stir. Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Yummy Imli Wali Dal is ready to serve with rice/roti.