Basmati Rice – 1 cup (soaked)
Green Chilli – 2 (chopped)
Jack Fruit Pieces – 6 (chopped)
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Clove – 2
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Lemon Juice – ½ tsp
Coriander Leaves – few (chopped)
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add bay leaf, clove and sauté for few secs.
- Next add onion and sauté till it turns pink. Add jack fruit pieces, green chilli and toss well. Then add turmeric powder, garam masala powder and mix well until the masalas get combined with the jack fruit.
- Add in soaked basmati rice, salt and give a good mix. Add water and stir well. Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 12 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Add lemon juice and give a quick stir. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy Jack Fruit Biryani is ready to serve with raitha.