Basmati Rice – 11/2 cup
Cooking oil – 2tbsp
Ghee – 1tbsp
Cinnamon – 2stick
Cardamom – 2no
Cloves – 2no
Onion – 2no
Green chilli – 3no
Ginger garlic paste – 11/2tsp
Tomato – 2no
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chilli powder – 1tsp
Garam masala powder – 1tsp
Black channa – 100gm(boiled)
Potato – 1no
Curd – 1tbsp
Coriander leaves – 1spring
Mint – ½ hand full
Salt – to taste
- Wash and Cut the Potato into cubes. Slice the onion and tomato.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Saute Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up
- Add oil and ghee to the pot. Add whole garam masala, sombu and saute for 2 min. Then add onion, green chilli and saute till it get light golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, tomato, salt and saute for 2 minutes. Add all masala powder, potato, boiled channa (boil channa in robo cook in CHANNA pre set option) and curd. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Next add rice and mix well. Add enough water, coriander leaves, and mint and mix it. Add little water. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 12 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Mix the karuppu kondakadalai biryani and serve hot along with onion raitha.