Rice - 1 cup
Black Masoor Dal - ¼ cup
Cumin Powder - ¼ tsp
Garlic - 3 cloves (crushed)
Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
Salt - to taste
Onions - 2 (sliced)
Water - 4 cups
Olive Oil - 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - for garnishing
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add onions and sauté till it turns brown in colour. Remove and set aside.
- To the existing oil add garlic pods and sauté till the raw smell goes. Now add the soaked rice and dal. Mix well.
- Then add cumin powder, black pepper powder and stir until the masalas get combined with rice. Next add salt, water and give a good mix. Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Pulav’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 15 mins.
- Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Add fried onions and give a quick stir. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Revel in the appeasing Mujadara with raita.