Basmati rice - 250 gm
Water - 1/2 litre
Clove - 7
Onion - 2 medium
Black cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Green cardamom - 3
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 3 cloves
Mace - as required
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Refined oil - 2 tsp
Vinegar - as required
Chicken - 500 gm
Bay leaf - 2
Green chillies - 6
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1 handful
Black cardamom - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Dash dagad (stone flower) - 1
Mint leaves - 1 handful
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 1 medium
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
- Wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
- Take a bowl. Add chicken, vinegar and mix well. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, wash the onions, green chillies, tomatoes, coriander leaves, bay leaves, ginger under running water and chop them up separately.
- After the 10 minutes, wash the chicken and spread a layer of the ginger paste over it. Set aside.
- Now take a large cotton cloth and put one sliced onion, 2 green chilies, ginger, garlic, cloves, 2 green cardamoms, black cardamom, 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds, dagad, cinnamon, 1 bay leaf, peppercorns, hing, mace. Gather the edges to form a potli.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press The ‘Saute' Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add water, chicken to the inner cooking pot. Sprinkle salt and place the potli inside. Cover cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done press cancel and take the potli out. Transfer the broth and the chicken to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Clean the pot and press sauté mode. Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, cloves and allow it to splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté until the onions turn gold. Add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies, cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt one by one and continue to sauté for few mins.
- Further add in the prepared chicken pieces, garam masala powder, mint leaves, coriander leaves, lemon juice one by one and mix well until they combine.
- Pour in the chicken broth and allow it to boil. Add the soaked basmati rice, required water and mix well. Press cancel.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select ‘Quick’. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking.
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 10 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls. Pour red and yellow food organic natural colouring into each. Mix well.
- Layer the rice and place the layers of the prepared rice and top it with ghee, lemon juice. Close the lid and set aside for few mins on ‘keep warm’ mode. Once done give it a quick stir and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Muradabadi Chicken Biryani is ready to serve with Raitha.