Rice – 900 gms
Mutton – 1 kg
Onion – 1 big (chopped)
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garlic - 10 cloves
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dhanya - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 6
Carrot –300 gms (chopped)
Sugar – 2 tsp
Raisins- half cup
Almonds - 15
Tomato – 1 (chopped)
Salt - as required
Water- as required
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press The ‘Saute' Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add mutton, cumin seeds, dhanya, garlic, required water to the inner cooking pot and cover cook for 15 mins. Press cancel.
- Remove the excess water and transfer the mutton to a plate.
- Clean the pot and press sauté mode. Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add in the chopped carrots, sugar and sauté for few mins. Once done press cancel and remove. Keep aside.
- Press sauté mode. Add almonds, raisins to the existing oil and fry for 2 mins. Press cancel. Transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
- Using a blender grind cumin seeds, cardamom to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Clean the pot and press sauté mode. Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Then add the tomatoes, chopped onions, 4 garlic cloves, required water and stir-cook for few mins until it becomes a paste consistency.
- Further add in the mutton, salt, powdered mixture, red chilli powder one by one and continue to cook until the mutton gets combined with the ingredients.
- Finally add rice, 7 cups of water, fried carrots, fried raisins & almonds. Mix well and press cancel.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Rice’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select ‘Medium’. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking.
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 12 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Once done switch to ‘keep warm or off’ mode. Mix well.
- Mutton Afghani Pulav is ready to serve with Raitha.