Palak/ Spinach Leaves– 1 cup
Cumin- ½ tsp
Caraway Seeds- ½ tsp
Besan flour- 3 tsp
Turmeric - ½ tsp
White Sesame Seeds- ½ tsp
Salt- to taste
Water- as required
Oil- as required
Coriander Leaves- for garnishing
- Clean and chop palak leaves. Add green chillies, garlic pods, cumin, carom seeds to a blender and grind them to a paste Add Turmeric powder, salt, besan to the paste. Mix well and make square shaped vadis.
- Grease the idli mould and place the square shaped palak vadis on the greased mould.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Add 3 cups of water to the inner cooking pot. Now place the idli mould inside the cooking pot.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Idli’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Quick. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 10 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Drain the water from the pot and transfer the steamed vadis. Clean the pot. Press sauté option.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Then sprinkle sesame seeds once they splutter add steamed vadis and toss until they turn golden. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Revel in the appeasing Palak Vadis with green chutney.