Peerkangai or Ridge gourd - 500 gms (peeled & cubed)
Tur dal - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Whole dry red chili – 2
Sambar powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Fresh grated coconut – 3 tbsp
Black pepper corns, coarsely crushed – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash and soak tur dal in 1 cup water for 30 mins.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Saute Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil and let it warm a bit. Add mustard seeds and when it crackles, add broken whole dry red chili, urad dal and roast for few seconds till it turns golden brown.
- Add onion and saute till it turns translucent. Add tomatoes, chopped peerkangai and saute till they wilt.
- Add soaking tur dal along with water, salt, turmeric powder, sambar powder and mix well.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position
- Press the ‘Manual’ menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select ‘Medium’ and set timer for 4 mins. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 4 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Lightly mash the entire contents in the inner pot. Add crushed black peppercorns, grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.