- Spinach - 180 grams chopped Spinach
- fennel seeds - ½ tsp
- ginger - ½ inch chopped
- sugar - 1 tsp
- whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- fine sooji - 2 tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- oil - 1 tsp
- water - 2 - 3 tsp
- oil to spray
Making Spinach puree:
- Rinse, peel and roughly chop 1 large Spinach (180 grams). Add the chopped Spinach in a grinder or blender jar.
- Next add ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, ½ teaspoon chopped ginger and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Without adding any water, grind to a smooth puree.
Kneading poori dough:
- Take 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons fine sooji and ½ teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Add the Spinach puree. Scrape of all the sides and the bottom of the grinder jar and add the puree to the whole wheat flour or else you can rinse the jar with little water.
- Then add 1 to 3 tablespoons of this water to the flour. Also add 1 teaspoon oil. Add very less water after you mix with Spinach puree. Add water carefully as then the dough becomes sticky. If the dough looks very sticky, then add some flour and knead again.
- Mix and knead to a soft smooth dough. In case the dough becomes sticky, then add some more flour. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
Rolling Spinach poori:
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough in small or medium sized balls. Roll them into neat round balls.
- Take one dough ball. Flatten it and spread some oil on it.
- Now gently roll to a 4 to 5 inches poori. Roll to pooris which are neither thick nor thin.
Fryo Spinach puri:
- Place the Fryo on top of the Robocook and set the steam rack inside the cooking pot.
- Place the Fryo on top of the Robocook and connect the power cord. (Do no connect the robocook). Press the ‘POWER’ button & set the temperature to 190⁰. Press 10 minutes timer to preheat the pot. Now press “PLAY” button & wait for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile grease the mesh basket with oil and add the mixed ingredients. After preheat, place the mesh basket in the steam rack.
- Place the Robocook Fryo on top and move down the handle to start. Now set the temperature at 190⁰C along with 10 min timer and press “PLAY” button.
- Built with Air Blast Technology the Robocook Fryo optimizes the energy usage and starts its ultra-fast cooking.
- Pause the Fryo at 5 mins, now flip the puris using tongs. Once done resume the timer using “play” button and wait for another five minutes.
- Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound. Pull the handle and remove the Fryo lid from the Robocook.
- Serve Spinach puri with aloo sabzi or chana masala or any veg gravy or curry of your choice.
Recipes you may Like?