Snake gourd, chopped - 500 gms
Chana dal - 4 tsp
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Shallots or sambar onions - 4 to 5 no’s
Green chilies – 3
Sambar powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Asafoetida – 2 pinch
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash chana dal and moong dal and soak for 20 mins. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a mixie jar, grind grated coconut, sambar onions, cumin seeds and green chilies to a smooth paste using 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot. Add mustard seeds and wait for it to crackle. Add urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida and saute till the dal becomes golden in color and the leaves become crisp.
- Add chana dal, moong dal, chopped snake gourd, ground coconut paste, turmeric powder, sambar powder and stir well. Later add 1/2 cup water, salt and mix well. Press the ‘Cancel’ button to stop ‘Saute’ mode.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Dal’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Quick. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 20 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Garnish with coriander leaves if preferred.
- Serve with hot rice.
Recipes you may Like?