Beaten Rice - 1 cup
Tamarind- A Gooseberry Shaped Ball
Roasted Peanuts- ¼ cup
Carrot -1 (Chopped)
Mustard- ½ tsp
Urad Dal- ½ tsp
Channa Dal- ½ tsp
Sesame Oil- 2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Curry Leaves- A Few
Coriander Leaves- a few
- Wash and soak rice for 5 minutes. Soak tamarind in hot water for 5 minutes and extract pulp. Keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat it a bit. Add mustard, channa dal, urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies, green chilli and sauté for few mins.
- Add carrot, potato and give it a toss. Next add the strained beaten rice and roasted peanuts.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, sambhar powder and tamarind extract. Mix well and Press cancel to stop sauté.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Khichdi ’pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 15 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARMmode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Give a quick stir and garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve tasty Puli Aval with raitha.