Dry Soya Chunks - 1 cup
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Whisked Curd - 1/4 cup
Besan or chickpea flour - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves - for garnish
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Grind the paste:
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Ginger - 1-inch piece
Garlic - 4 nos
Cloves - 3
Cinnamon - 1-inch stick
Cardamom - 1
Fennel - 1/2 tsp
Green chili - 1
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch the ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in the front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add 3 cups of water to the inner pot and add dry soya chunks.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in the ‘Close’ position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and the Pressure release button should be in ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Manual’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK with Medium option and set 2 mins. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 2 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Tip the soya chunks into a colander to drain the water completely. Rinse soya chunks under running water and squeeze them well to get rid of excess water and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, add all the ingredients mentioned for the paste into a mixie jar and add 1/4 cup water to grind it to a paste.
- Press the ‘Saute’ button and add oil to the cooking pot. Now add the ground paste, turmeric, coriander, red chili powders, whisked curd, besan, and saute for 2 mins.
- Add soya chunks, 1 cup water, salt and stir well. Press the ‘Cancel’ button to stop ‘Saute’ mode.
- Place the closing lid over the top, and Press the ‘Manual’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK with Medium option and set 4 mins as time
- Once the cooking is done ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Garnish with coriander leaves or crushed Kasuri methi and mix well.
Serve soya chunks masala hot with chapatis or pooris.