Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
Garlic - 2 cloves chopped
Red onion - One half of a medium (sliced)
Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
Curry powder - 1 ½ tsp
Sugar - 1 - 2 tbsp
Cayenne pepper - 1 ½ tsp
Salt - ¼ heaped tsp
Water - ½ cup
Desiccated coconut - 2 tbsp
Coconut milk - ¼ cup
Bell Pepper - 2 slices (chopped)
Mangoes - 3 mangoes with the seed
White vinegar - ¼ tsp
- Wash and roughly chop the mangoes. Keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add the sliced onion, garlic mustard seeds and saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in curry powder, sugar, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix until the masalas get combined well.
- Next add water, desiccated coconut, coconut milk and let it boil for 2-3 mins.
- Add the mangoes, bell pepper, white vinegar and mix to coat the mangoes with the spices. Cover cook for 15-20 mins until the mangoes turn soft and mushy. Stir occasionally.
- Once done Switch to Keep Warm or Off mode.
- Serve hot Srilankan mango curry with rice and enjoy!