Tofu – 900 gm
Soy sauce- 2tbsp
Corn starch– 3tbsp
Minced ginger -2tsp
Garlic – 2tsp
Onion – 1no chopped
Japanese cucumber, - 1no cut into wedges
Bell peppers – 2no chopped
Sauce - 2tbsp
Honey – 2tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 6 tbsp
White vinegar - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt – as required
- Cut pressed tofu into bite-size, about 2 inches square. Season it with soy sauce and set aside for 30 minutes. Drain off the excess liquid and coat the tofu with corn starch. Keep aside
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add tofu pieces and shallow fry until it turns golden brown on all sides. Once done, Press cancel to stop sauté, transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
- Clean the pot. Press sauté. Add oil to the inner cooking pot. Add onions, bell peppers, cucumber wedges and sauté for a minute.
- Next add in minced ginger, garlic and continue to sauté for few secs. Further add in sauce, vinegar, honey, ketchup, sugar and salt. Give it a mix and open cook for a minute.
- Finally add the fried tofu and give it a quick stir. Switch to Keep Warm or OFF mode.
- Serve sweet and sour tofu with fried rice.