Oil -2 tsp
Tomyam paste- 2 tsp
Lemongrass-2 stalks, sliced into rings
Ginger-2 inch finely chopped
Garlic-1 clove finely chopped
Button mushrooms,-4 no. cut in half
Hot chili peppers-6 to taste
King prawns (raw)-8
Lime juice-1 tsp
Fish sauce-1 tsp
Coriander leaves- 1 tsp chopped to garnish
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch the ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in the front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add onions, garlic, ginger one by one and saute till the raw smell goes off. Then add tom yam paste, lemongrass, and saute well.
- Add the diced tomatoes, mushroom and continue to saute until it gets soft. Now add lemon juice, sugar, and fish sauce into it. Stir for about 3 minutes.
- Next add prawn, fresh peppers to the pot and stir together briefly. Add water after the prawn gets cooked. Allow the mixture to boil. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in the ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and the Pressure release button should be in ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Manual’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Quick with 3 min timer. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 3 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Transfer the soup to a soup bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Note - you can substitute tom yam paste with red curry paste or red chilly paste, if not available. For creamy tom yam soup, Follow the same recipe but add coconut milk.
- Enjoy hot yummy tom yam soup