Ridge Gourd- 1 cup(chopped)
Moong Dal- 1 cup
Oil- 2 tsp
Cumin- 1 tsp
Asafoetida- ½ tsp
Red Chilli powder- 12/ tsp
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Sugar- ½ tsp
Salt –to taste
Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves-for garnishing
- Wash moong dal and chop the ridge gourd in to pieces.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add cumin, green chilli, asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix until the masalas are combined.
- Add in ridge gourd pieces, dal, salt, sugar and saute for few minutes. Sprinkle some water Press cancel to stop suate.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Dal’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 40 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Add lemon juice and give a quick stir. Garnish with coriander leaves. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Serve the turiya mag ni dal with rice.