Chicken pieces – 6-8 pieces cleaned
Salt – 1 tsp.
Chicken masala – 4 tsp.
Lime juice – 2 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
Paste of the below
Ginger – 1 chunk
Garlic – 12 cloves
Coriander seeds – 2 tsp.
Curry leaves – handful
Pepper pods- 1 tsp.
Ghee – 4 tbsp.
Dry chilly – 2
Fennel seeds- 2 tsp.
Khus khus – 1 tsp.
Peanuts – 2 tbsp.
Coconut – 1 cup desiccated
Garam Masala – 2 tsp.
Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – 2 tsp.
Onion – 2 chopped
Tomato - 3 big cut into medium pieces
Bay leaf – 1
Curry leaves – handful
Water as required
Salt to taste
- Grind the items under Paste of the below under the items marked for Ingredients for marination
- Clean & marinate the Chicken in a separate bowl with Chicken masala, Salt, Turmeric powder, Lime juice and the paste ground in Point 1, for 1 hour.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Saute Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add desiccated coconut, dry chilly, fennel seeds, Khus Khus, Peanut, Garam masala and dry roast for about 5 minutes. Transfer the roasted ingredients to a mixer grinder and allow to cool.
- Add the cut Tomatoes also in the mixie jar. After about 5 minutes of cooling, grind this mixture adding water as required.
- Again go for the sauté mode in Robocook and add Ghee into the pot. Add Mustard seeds and wait till they crackle. Add Bay leaf and Chopped onions and stir for about 1 minute. Add Salt and Turmeric powder as required.
- Now add the marinated Chicken to the sautéed ingredients and mix well. Add the Tomato and spices mixture and stir for a minute. Sauté the mixed ingredients for few mins
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Choose the ‘Chicken’ mode from pre-set menu with Medium as taste.
- Pre-Cooking will happen for few seconds and once the cooking is completed 3 Beep sounds will be heard and it will automatically switches to keep warm mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Open the cooker, give a quick stir and enjoy this spice embodied Chettinad inspired Chicken gravy.