Air Fryer vs Pressure Cooker : What’s the Difference?
Any kitchen seems incomplete in the absence of a pressure cooker. A Pressure Cooker rapidly builds steam and helps build high pressure to cook your food. It is the safest, most traditional way to cook your food while preserving nutritional value. Air Fryers are slowly catching up and are definitely in contention for the 'most integral part of your kitchen' title. These innovative products use hot air to make your food as crispy as it would have been if it was deep fried in oil. Both the pressure cooker and air fryers are absolute essentials in a health conscious person's kitchen. These two products serve two completely different purposes so we cannot substitute one for another. To understand this better, in this blog, we are going to show you the differences between air fryers and pressure cookers. To make a more informed decision about our investments, it is always best to know as much as we can about them both.
Air Fryers - A Brief Overview
The recent innovation for the kitchen is the introduction of air fryers. These amazing products use hot air to roast, bake and even fry dishes with little to no oil! As people become more and more health conscious, we start looking out for options to make our meals healthier and cut out the more harmful aspects of our diet. Our first fear is definitely about how to cut out oil. We all love fried food and life without them is unimaginable. In comes an air fryer. This device has a heating mechanism and a fan in the top compartment, which generates hot air and pushes it into the lower compartment. Here, the food is encapsulated by hot air which fries the food. The biggest popularity factor for air fryers is the lack of oil.
All you have to do is pop your food in, set the timer and temperature, sit back and watch the magic happen. An Air Fryer can cook your food in many ways, but the right temperature and timer settings are important to the process. The best Air Fryers are very easy to handle and clean in comparison to most of the other kitchen appliances.
Advantages of Air Fryers
Caters to many purposes
Air fryers do not just fry your food. It can also roast, bake, and even grill when set to the right time and temperature. Given the factor that is a much more healthier alternative, many people are switching to air fryers to cook their fried dishes. From brownies to French fries, air fryers are the healthiest to cook your food! The Geek Robocook Fryo comes with a lid so you can watch your food turn golden brown. It also has a set of preset recipes that you can prepare with the touch of a single button!
The healthier route
Using little to no oil, air fryers are one of the healthiest ways to cook your food. Using an air fryer reduces the fat, cholesterol, and calories levels considerably. Health conscious people who gave air fryers a shot have never looked back and recommend for you to do the same to know for yourself.
Save more on groceries!
Air fryers, prices are slashed by lot by using little to no oil. This cuts down on the price of cooking oil. This makes air fryers very economical. Given that the food prepared in an air fryer is healthier in nature, you can save quite some money instead of paying doctors down the road.
Being small in design, these deep fryers are extremely compact. This gives you more place on a kitchen counter, saves space when you store it and can be easily transported and used anywhere. If you are someone who travels a lot, the portability offered by an air fryer makes it an enticing essential to pack for your trip!
Despite being the healthier option, air fryers prices are much more affordable than a deep fryer. Initially, this was one of the biggest reasons why people gave air fryers a chance. However, the fact that it is a much healthier option is taking over now.
Nothing good comes without a couple drawbacks, however minor they are. It is just the same with an air fryer. It is better to know about what the drawbacks may be, before making an investment. The first thing to keep in your mind is the electricity spent. Since it's small and it generates copious amounts of hot air almost instantaneously, this does take a toll on the electricity. Another thing to watch out for is the flavour and taste. While it is just as crispy and yummy as it would be if fried in oil, we think there is something missing. This is because we are either too used to the taste of oil and we miss it, or the food slightly tastes of the foil it is prepared in. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons and air fryers is definitely worth it.
Pressure Cookers - An Overview
Another integral household item is the pressure cooker. This device functions by using steam to cook food. This is very essential to cook a large portion of food at once. Any restaurant you visit will definitely have a couple pressure cookers at their disposal. The steam helps kill bacteria while sustaining the nutritional value of the food. If you are looking to embrace a healthier diet, a pressure cooker is the way to go. Pressure cookers are easy to use and even easier to maintain. Clearing up after using them is a breeze.
Advantages of a Pressure Cooker
The pressure cooker uses steam to cook it's food. This is essential to killing bacteria while remaining just as healthy. It can cook a lot more varieties of food than an air fryer. All you have to do is add ingredients to the steam pot, seal the lid, sit back and let the pressure cooker do its job. It can cook a large amount of food at once and if you have guests over, a pressure cooker is the way to go. Their cooking pots are much bigger in size and can accommodate more food than an air fryer. The dish is cooked evenly on all sides with no oversight. This is because the built up steam is spread evenly through the pot, cooking the food inside out. There is a very less chance of your food being overcooked on one particular part. These are very easy to operate, so much so that the Geek robocook always prepared the best food, and even easier to maintain. Since there are no complex parts, clearing up after cooking is much easier. The geek robocook comes with eleven preset meals, a recipe book and an option to keep your food warm, among other attributes.
Disadvantages of a Pressure Cooker
Pressure cookers are usually quite more expensive than air fryers. They may be useful to prepare a lot of food at once, but single residents do not need much food. This is one reason why an air fryer may be preferred over a pressure cooker. Certain dishes prepared in a pressure cooker require the use of oil and ghee. This raises the fat and cholesterol levels, leading to an unhealthy diet. If you are looking to start a healthier and cleaner diet, you should rather invest in an air fryer.
Major differences between GEEK Robocook Fryo and the Robocook Electric Pressure Cooker
- Air Fryers function on the generated hot air. Pressure cookers work on steam.
- The Fryo Air Fryers come with seven preset dishes that you can make with a single tap, whereas the electric steam pot has thirteen different dishes already preset.
- With an air fryer, someone has to manually open it often and flip the dish to enhance the flavour. However, in a pressure cooker, the steam is evenly distributed through the pot.
- With an Air Fryer, making a curry based dish is inefficient. Pressure cookers handle solid and liquid dishes, and have a variety of ways to prepare them.
- Our Electric Pressure cookers have a feature, through which, once the cooking is complete, the food automatically goes into warm mode. If you forget about food in an air fryer, it will most probably get burnt.
- Pressure cookers are bigger in size than air fryers. This makes it easier to cook for a bigger group of people. However, since an air fryer is smaller in size, it is more portable, and can be carried along while travelling.
- Both our Air Fryers and pressure cookers are innovated to ensure there are not many limitations to the food that can be prepared in it. They open up a whole new culinary world, with the only difference being in the method each device uses.
- Since they're both designed to be user friendly, you will have no problem in learning how to use them. With safety checks, preset Menus, an option to set your requirements digitally, they are a chefs best friend in the kitchen
- In the Robocook Fryo, you can set both the timer and the temperature, whereas the Robocook Electric Pressure cookers only have an option to set a timer.
- An air fryer is not as expensive as a pressure cooker. If you are looking to invest in something pocket friendly, we would suggest you pick an air fryer over a pressure cooker.
In essence, these two devices are not the same and do not serve the same purpose. They do not make the same kind of dishes and it is recommended that you have both if you can. However, we have given you an insight into both products for you to pick which serves your purpose better. To take a look at these products before you decide, check out the link below!
March 31, 2021