How to make Biryani in Electric Pressure Cooker?
Tasty, delicious, scrumptious, mouth-watering, etc. (etc. including other words that just mean ‘incredibly tasty’) is exactly what any person would use to describe Biryani, for be it the flavour or the aroma, there is nothing that can beat Biryani, a dish with a unique combination of flavours.
Electric Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani Recipe:
|Yoghurt||3 tablespoons||Turmeric Powder||½ tablespoon|
|Salt||A pinch||Lemon Juice||1 tablespoon (optional)|
|Chilli Powder||1 tablespoon||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 ¼ tablespoon|
|Basmati Rice||1 kg|
|Cardamom||3 – 5|
|Onion||5 nos. (thinly sliced)|
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch|
|Mint leaves||1 bunch|
For Biryani Paste:
|Red Chilli||8 nos.|
|Green Chilli||3 nos.|
|Garlic||12 – 15 cloves|
|Shallots||10 – 12 nos.|
|Coriander Powder||3 tablespoons|
|Coriander leaves||1 cup|
|Mint leaves||1 cup|
|Water||4 – 6 tablespoons|
Steps to be followed:
1. Soak Basmati rice for 15-20 minutes in water. Drain and set aside.
2. Turn on the electric pressure cooker. Press the saute button, heat the pot and add ghee.
3. Add the following ingredients in order:
- Whole spices
- Thinly sliced onions (stir till golden brown)
- Ginger garlic paste
- Marinated chicken pieces
- Biryani paste
4. Mix everything well to evenly coat the chicken and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
5. Quick release the pressure and add the drained rice over the chicken pieces.
6. Add water, mint leaves, salt, and ghee around the sides.
7. Close the lid to its locked position and check if the lid is rightly sealed.
* Geek Robocook comes with a lid that has a ‘lock and unlock’ mechanism.
8. Select the biryani preset menu or set the temperature and time using the manual settings. (Recommended temperature and time: High, 6 minutes)
*Geek Robocook is a smart, digital pressure cooker that lets you keep track of your cooking and automatically switches to the Keep Warm mode once the cooking is done.
9. Choose manual pressure release option.
*Geek Robocook has both automatic pressure and manual release options.
10. Open the lid, scoop rice from top to bottom and serve hot.
* For vegetable biryani, use carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas and potatoes.
Geek Robocook Special Features:
- 13 preset menus of your favourite Indian dishes. (With biryani being one among them!)
- A digital timer to help you keep track of the cooking.
- Additional equipments of the appliance include a rice scooper and a measuring cup.
- Comes with a removable stainless-steel pot which lets you easily measure and is easy to clean.
- A multilayered safety mechanism proving to be the best in the market.
- Comes with BIS certified for maximum safety.
- Designed with PIC technology and auto shut off mechanisms
Note: If you have an electric pressure cooker and are wondering what to cook in an electric pressure cooker then it is time you make a biryani, a dish that tastes and looks complicated but is easy to cook in an electric pressure cooker.
July 22, 2021