Rohu Fish - Prawns – 6 big pieces, cut and cleaned
Sesame oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
Chili powder – 1 tsp.
For Cooking Paste
Garlic – 8 big cloves
Ginger – 1 big piece
Onions – 1 big chopped
Tomato – 1 big chopped
Green Chillies- 1 big
Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp.
Peanuts – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Red chili - 1
Sesame oil or Gingely Oil – 2 ½ tbsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
Bay leaf – 1
Onion – 1 big chopped
Curry leaves – handful
Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
Garam Masala – 1 tsp.
Water – 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean & marinate the Fish in a separate bowl with the ingredients mentioned for about 20 minutes.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Saute Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add Sesame oil into the pot. Add Mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle. Then add Curry leaf. Now add Bay leaf chopped onions and stir for about 1 minute.
- Make a paste of the Ingredients marked under For Cooking Paste
- Add this paste into the Cooking pot. Add some water and give it a good stir. Let the mixture boil for 5 minutes until the raw smell of the paste goes.
- Now add the marinated fish slices to the boiling gravy.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Choose the ‘Fish’ mode from pre-set menu with Medium as taste.
- Pre-Cooking will happen for few seconds and once the cooking is completed 3 Beep sounds will be heard and it will automatically switches to keep warm mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Open the cooker and choose Sauté mode add Coriander leaves for garnishing and stir slowly for few seconds
- Enjoy this quick semi spicy Rohu Fish Gravy done in Patna style.