Potatoes - 250 gms medium sized par (boiled & diced into cubes)
Yogurt / curd - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder -1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Fennel seeds / saunf - 2 tsp
Asofeotida / hing - pinch
Dry ginger powder / sonth - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil - 4 tsp
Ghee / clarified butter - 1 tsp
Water - 2 cup
Salt- to taste
Mint or coriander leaves - as required
- Marinate the potato cubes with yogurt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and mix until all the ingredients combine well with potatoes. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press The Saute' Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add mustard oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add bay leaf, fennel seeds, asofeotida and temper well.
- Now add the marinated potato cubes and sauté well for a few mins. Add water and mix well. Press cancel.
- Press the ‘Gravy’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Strong. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 15 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Press sauté mode.
- Add sonth, garam masala, required water, salt and stir well. Cover cook for another 30 mins.
- Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Garnish with chopped coriander or mint leaves.
- Aloo Roganjosh is ready to serve with Rice/Roti.