Tamarind - 1/4 Cup
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1 Tsp
Gingelly Oil - 2 Tbs
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 Tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp
Dry Red Chili - 2 No
Sandige (Vadagam) – as required
Curry Leaves - 1 Sprigs
Salt - 1 Tsp
Jaggery - 1 Tsp
For Grinding :
Pepper Corns - 1 Tbs
Garlic - 15 Pods
Onion - 1
- Soak and extract tamarind water from pulp. Grind peppercorns, garlic and onions to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press The Saute' Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, vadagam, dry red chilli, curry leaves one by one and sauté for few secs.
- Next add in the ground onion paste and continue to sauté for 3-5 mins.Once the onion turns translucent add salt, tomato and cook until its turns mushy.
- Then add tamarind water, turmeric powder and open cook for few mins by stirring continuously.
- Open cook until oil oozes out from the sides. Once done, Switch to Keep Warm or Off mode.
- Garlic curry is ready to serve with steamed rice.