Yam- 1 cup
Raw Banana- 1 cup
Sour Curd – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder- ¼ tsp
Salt- to taste
Grated Coconut-1/2 cup
Green Chillies- 2
Cumin- ½ tsp
Coconut Oil- ½ tsp
Mustard- ½ tsp
Curry Leaves- 1 spring
Red Chillies- 1
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add coconut oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then add curry leaves, red chilli, turmeric powder and saute.
- Add raw banana, yam, water and mix well.
- Grind coconut, cumin and green chillies to a fine paste in a blender. Add this paste along with curd, salt to the cooking pot. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Khichdi ’pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 15 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Give a quick stir. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode.
- Serve the Kalan with steamed rice.