Rice- 1 cup
Moong Dal- 4 tsp
Rock Sugar- ¾ cup
Milk- 3 cups
Water- 1 cup
Ghee- 6 tsp
Cashew nuts- a few
Raisins – a few
Cardamom Powder- ½ tsp
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Saute Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add Ghee to the pot and allow it to melt. Add cashew nuts, raisins and roast. Once it turns brown, add rice and moong dal and roast till nice aroma comes.
- Now add milk, water, cardamom powder. Once it starts bubbling away add rock sugar. Stir well. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Pongal’pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Medium. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 15 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Give a quick stir
- Enjoy Karkandu Paal Pongal.
Recipes you may Like?