- onions - 2 medium to large-sized
- gram flour (besan) or chickpea flour - 1 cup
- green chillies or ½ teaspoon red chilli powder - 1 to 2 tsp
- coriander leaves - 1 tsp chopped
- Garam Masala Powder - ½ tsp
- turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- carom seeds (ajwain) - 1 tsp
- generous pinch asafoetida (hing) - 1 pinch
- baking soda - 1 pinch
- oil as required
- water as required to make a medium thick batter
- salt as required
Making pakora batter:
- Slice the onions thinly and take them in a mixing bowl. Also, add chopped green chillies.
- If you do not have green chillies, then add red chilli powder. You can also add chopped coriander leaves and add the spices - carom seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt.
- Mix everything well. Cover and keep the onion, chillies and spice mixture aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add gram flour (besan). If you plan to add baking soda, then add at this step.
- Add the required amount of water to make medium-thick batter.
- Stir the whole mixture very well with a spoon or with your hands. The batter is ready to be fried.
Making onion pakora:
- Place the Fryo on top of the Robocook and set the steam rack inside the cooking pot.
- Place the Fryo on top of the robocook and connect the power cord. (Do no connect the robocook). Press the ‘POWER’ button & set the temperature to 205⁰. Press 2 minutes timer to preheat the pot. Now press “PLAY” button & wait for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile Place the pakora in aluminium oil paper and place it in the basket. After the preheat, place the basket in steam rack.
- Place the Robocook Fryo on top and move down the handle to start. Now set the temperature at 205⁰C along with 25 min timer and press “PLAY” button.
- Built with Air Blast Technology the Robocook Fryo optimizes the energy usage and starts its ultra-fast cooking.
- Pause the Fryo at 12-13 mins, now flip the onion pakora with tongs. Once done resume the timer using “play” button and wait for another 12-13 minutes.
- Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound. Pull the handle and remove the Fryo lid from the Robocook.
- Fry them till they look crisp and golden and add green chillies with it and sprinkle some salt in it.
- Serve onion pakora with the fried green chilies or coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Recipes you may Like?