Masoor Dal or pink dal - 1 cup
Peas – 1/2 cup (fresh or frozen)
Onion seeds or kalonji - 1 tsp
Shallots or sambar onions - 10
Onion - 1
Green chili – 2
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – to garnish
Salt – to taste
Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch the ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in the front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it warm a bit. Add kalonji and when it sizzles, add onion, shallots and sauté till they both turn pink.
- Then add green chili, green peas, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Add washed masoor dal, 1 to 1-1/2 cup water, salt and mix well. Press cancel to stop saute.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in the ‘Close’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and the Pressure release button should be in ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Manual’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select Quick. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer & 6 mins as time for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 6 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the Steps
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Switch to Keep warm or Off mode. Give a quick stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Phulkas or Chapathis