Chicken – 2 kg (cut in eight serving pieces)
Buttermilk – 1 quarter
Pickle juice – ½ cup
All-purpose flour – 2 cup
Kosher salt – 1 tbsp
Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tbsp
Cayenne pepper – 1 tbsp
Paprika – 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add buttermilk, pickle juice and mix well. Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Now add flour, salt, pepper, paprika to the chicken and mix well until all the ingredients combine with the chicken.
- Connect the power cord to ROBOCOOK and switch ‘ON’ button. Press the Sauté́ Button in front dashboard and wait for 30 secs for the inner cooking pot to get heated up.
- Add oil to the inner cooking pot and let it heat a bit. Add the chicken pieces and fry for about 3 mins until it becomes light brown on all sides. Repeat the same for all the chicken pieces. Once done press cancel.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and place each piece on a metal baking rack set on a sheet pan or alternatively, a sheet pan wrapped in tin foil when all the chicken is fried.
- Clean the pot and place a stand inside Robocook. Keep the baking rack with fried chicken on top of it.
- Place the closing lid over the top, Turn and place the Pointer in ‘CLOSE’ Position. Ensure the lid is firmly closed and Pressure release button should be on ‘DOWN’ Position.
- Press the ‘Idly’ pre-set menu button in the ROBOCOOK and select ‘Strong’. PIC TECHNOLOGY pre-sets temperature/pressure/timer for pre-cooking
- After Pre-Cooking is done the cooking countdown will appear and starts down from 25 mins. Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound and automatically switches to KEEP WARM mode. Press ‘Cancel’ if not required.
- Wait for 10 mins to get Natural Pressure Release (OR) it can be released manually by pulling ‘UP’ the pressure release button. Ensure the pressure is released completely on both the methods.
- Now TWIST and Open the cooker. Remove the baked chicken and keep aside.
- Stephanie Robocook Fried Chicken is ready to serve with Ketchup.