- beetroot - 180 grams chopped beets
- fennel seeds - ½ tsp
- ginger - ½ inch chopped
- sugar - 1 tsp
- whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- fine sooji - 2 tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- oil - 1 tsp
- water - 2 - 3 tsp
- oil to spray
Making beetroot puree:
- Add the chopped beetroot in a grinder or blender jar and add ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, ½ teaspoon chopped ginger and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Without adding any water, grind to a smooth puree.
Kneading poori dough:
- Add 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons fine sooji and ½ teaspoon salt one by one in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Add the beetroot puree. Scrape of all the sides and the bottom of the grinder jar and add the puree to the whole wheat flour.
- Also add 1 teaspoon oil. Add very less water after you mix with beetroot puree. Add water carefully as then the dough becomes sticky.
- Mix and knead to a soft smooth dough. In case the dough becomes sticky, then add some more flour. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
Rolling beetroot poori:
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough in small or medium sized balls. Roll them into neat round balls.
- Take one dough ball. Flatten it and spread some oil on it.
- Now gently roll to a 4 to 5 inches poori. Roll to pooris which are neither thick nor thin.
Fryo beetroot puri:
- Place the Fryo on top of the Robocook and set the steam rack inside the cooking pot.
- Place the Fryo on top of the robocook and connect the power cord. (Do no connect the robocook). Press the ‘POWER’ button & set the temperature to 190⁰. Press 10 minutes timer to preheat the pot. Now press “PLAY” button & wait for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile grease the mesh basket with oil and add the mixed ingredients. After preheat, place the mesh basket in the steam rack.
- Place the Robocook Fryo on top and move down the handle to start. Now set the temperature at 190⁰C along with 10 min timer and press “PLAY” button.
- Built with Air Blast Technology the Robocook Fryo optimizes the energy usage and starts its ultra-fast cooking.
- Pause the Fryo at 5 mins, now flip the puris using tongs. Once done resume the timer using “play” button and wait for another five minutes.
- Once the countdown comes down and cooking is completed it stops with 3 Beep sound. Pull the handle and remove the Fryo lid from the Robocook.
- Serve beetroot puri with aloo sabzi or chana masala or any veg gravy or curry of your choice.